Children and grown-ups alike will love this chicken tender recipe served with carrots fries.
What a fantastic alternative to frozen chicken nuggets or subpar take-out with chips! These herbed chicken tenders are delicious, healthy, and very easy to make with few ingredients.
The honey-Dijon adds a nice kick, but if you don't feel like making the sauce, you can serve the chicken tenders with a little ketchup or mayo. If you would rather serve with potatoes or sweet potatoes, that works well too and the preparation steps are similar.
Kids will love helping you in the kitchen, so never hesitate to enlist them.
Bon appétit !
To print this recipe, scroll down to the PRINT RECIPE button. It will fit nicely on one page.
For approximately 4 servings:
- 1 lb chicken breast (skinless, boneless, sliced into strips)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 TBSP Herbes De Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt (for the chicken)
- 6 carrots (medium, peeled and sliced into fries)
- Salt and pepper to taste (for the carrots)
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Brush chicken strips with half of the avocado oil.
- Combine the quick oats, Herbes de Provence, and sea salt and spread over a small plate. Press both sides of the chicken strips into the oat mixture to coat, then lay on baking sheet.
- Toss the carrot sticks in remaining avocado oil will some salt and pepper. Spread across the other baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping the chicken and tossing the carrot fries halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine the Dijon and raw honey in a small bowl to make the sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- To serve, divide the chicken tenders and carrot fries between plates and serve with honey Dijon dipping sauce.
- No Quick Oats? No problem! Place rolled oats in your blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to break them up.
- You can use Italian Seasoning instead of Herbes de Provence if that's what you have on hand. Make it as easy as possible!
Print the recipe
To download a PDF version of this recipe, click the PRINT button below.
What's next with your health?
To receive more ideas on how to establish healthier habits and improve your blood sugar without giving up the foods you love, sign up for my newsletter. It will come to your inbox twice a month approximately.
You can also use my CONTACT FORM to reach out to me directly or you can request a FREE Discovery Session if you are committed to living a diabetes-free life and want to know more about my approach and how it might help you reach your goals.
The first step toward a healthier like is often to get the support and guidance you need. Go for it! Allon-Z ! Let's go!