I got this carrot salad recipe from my mom. She used to make it often when I was growing up in France. She would always tell me that carrots where good for my vision (which is true!), that they would give me beautiful thighs (not so sure about this one!), and that they would put me in a more pleasant mood (until today, I never really picked up on the hidden message!).
Anyway, no matter what carrots do to us, this easy and tasty recipe is always a hit in my home. You can eat it plain, mix it up with kale or lettuce, or add it to your sandwiches and wraps. I love it with chives but parsley works well too.
For a fancy look, pack the salad in tiny tea bowls and turn over onto individual plates, just like I did on the photo above. I hope you enjoy!
To print this recipe, scroll down to the PRINT RECIPE button.
- 4 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely cut chives or parsley
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Salad Dressing
1/ Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2/ Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour if possible before eating, so that flavors have time to develop.
- Leftovers: This salad keeps well in the fridge for 2 or 3 days. If you want to keep it for longer, just store all the ingredients separately until you are ready to prepare your salad.
- Meal Prep: If you shred the carrots yourself, you can keep them in a ziplock bag with a little it of lemon juice until the last minute rather than mixing them right away with the dressing. Again, this way, you will be able to prepare everything well in advance, and will just have to combine ingredients at the last minute.
- More Flavor: For dressing, I recommend you use my “Creamy Salad Dressing” recipe. Make it flavorful with garlic and your choice of herbs and spices, so that you don't have to add lots of ingredients to your carrots. All the flavor is in the dressing, it makes it really easy and quick!
Print the recipe
To download a PDF version of this recipe, click the PRINT button below.
What's next with your health?
To receive more ideas on how to live a healthier life, sign up for my newsletter. It will come to your inbox twice a month approximately.
You can also use my CONTACT FORM to reach out to me directly or you can request a FREE Discovery Session if you are committed to establishing healthier habits and want to know more about my approach and how it might help you reach your wellness goals.
The first step is often a very hard one to take. Go for it! Allon-Z ! Let's go!