These succulent chocolate truffles are absolutely delicious and make the perfect holiday treat. Best of all, they can also be used as energy balls before a workout! Tasty and "decadent", no one will ever assume that they are vegan and loaded with nutrients and fiber!
I am not a food blogger, so I am not going to tell you the whole story behind these amazing holiday truffles. I will just tell you how to make them!
If you want a printable version of the recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Happy Holiday, be safe, happy, and healthy!
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (packed)
- 3 cups Water (just boiled)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 TBSP Coconut Cream (solid part at the top of can)
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (large flakes, for topping)
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (for topping)
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder (for topping)
- Add the dates to a medium-sized bowl and cover with just-boiled hot water. Let them sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and add to a blender or food processor along with cocoa
powder and coconut cream. Process until the mixture comes together.
- Remove the chocolate mixture and scoop into rough teaspoon-sized balls. Don't roll them with your hands just yet as they will be too oily. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer to set for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave on high for 30 to 45-second intervals until melted. Stir with a spoon to fully combine.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and use your hands to smooth them into balls. Take each ball and roll into melted chocolate with a spoon and then place them back on the baking sheet. Top with flaky sea salt or let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rolling them in coconut flakes or cocoa powder. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to seven days.
- One serving is equal to approximately two truffles.
- Top with crushed up candy cane or tree nuts.
- For a silkier chocolate coating, melt the chocolate chips with a bit of
- Use coconut oil instead of coconut cream
Print the recipe
For an easy-to-file one-page recipe, click the PRINT button below.
What's next with your health?
To receive more ideas on how to live a healthier life, sign up for my newsletter. It will come to your inbox twice a month approximately.